Monday, January 26, 2009

Man My Kid Can Snore

I really had high hopes of taking a nap today. I have been woken up by him the last two mornings at 6 o'clock. His normal wake up time is seven and as lame as it sounds even that feels early. So, my plans were foiled by my 3 year old that snores like a lumberjack. His ENT doctor suggested we remove his tonsills and adenoids to help with this problem along with a myriad of other problems he has had with his ears. My anxiety kicked into high gear with the thought of putting him asleep for surgery. I am still not ok with it and I never will be but I know he needs the surgery so we are moving forward. His surgery is scheduled for Feb. 4th. Please pray that everything goes well. I also hope that he is not too disapointed after the surgery..he says he wants to snore forever like his Granny the other lumberjack in the family!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I hope he breaks that early habit and you get some rest. : )
    I had my adenoids out when I was 4, all I can remember is the funny smell of the anesthetics as they put the mask over my mouth and nose.
    We’ll pray for him. This sort of thing is much harder for mommy than child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane. Yes, it is much harder on the mom!

    ReplyDelete